Saturday, July 7, 2012

The Beginning!!


They say that God works in mysterious ways.  I have to agree with that statement.  Where He leads us and why, is not always apparent, but being open to following His lead will show you the where's and the why's when the time is right.
 
Adopting Olivia has been the most wonderful experience of my entire life!  Having her for my daughter is the best thing that has ever happened to me next to marrying my husband.  But the path I took to finally have her in my life was less than desirable.  I questioned many times the why's of the road He was leading me down.  Especially since my life had been pretty much your basic run of the mill life.  I did things in the order and manner that they were typically supposed to be done.  I went to elementary school, middle school, high school, college, dated, got engaged, got married, bought a house, had a baby................no, wait that last one was anything but run of the mill.  No, that last one took on a life of it's own.  I was traveling down the run of the mill road to have a child, but that was not His plan.   Don't get me wrong, I was happy with my run of the mill life.  I enjoyed every minute of those steps I took and I wouldn't change a thing, that is until I got to the part about having a child, well that left a lot to be desired.  I am grateful however, for the struggles I endured trying to bear a child.  After all it taught me so much about myself, my husband and life in general.  Not saying that I couldn't have done without all that, but truly I am blessed to have been able to travel the rough road of fertility treatment and losses.  

After the second loss, as I was about to just close my eyes and crash into the extreme darkness of the dead end road straight ahead, He let me see that there was a new road that took a sharp right hand turn, a road that I never knew existed.   That road was international adoption, I never saw it coming, but I couldn't be happier that it did.  The fact that the road to the extreme right was newly available to me changed my life forever.  I can't imagine what my life would be like if I didn't see that right hand turn.  Even though it wasn't paved very smoothly, it was an awesome ride.  It was rough and their were roadblocks that took time and faith to clear, but as bad as it would get at times, I knew that it was the right road to be on.  Faith, trust and determination paid off and after 13 months we were united in Guatemala with our beautiful daughter, Olivia.  She melts my heart every time I look at her I am forever grateful to have her in my life.

Knowing that the ups and downs lead to the best reward ever, there was no question that I would be willing to take that road again, as long as I have my husband and my daughter by my side I can do it.  So, after many, many, many, months of research I finally found a country that spoke to my heart and to my husband and daughter.  I was able to find many families who were in process or had already adopted from Ecuador and the support from them was incredible. I knew in an instant that Ecuador was the place for us.  I told Bill all about it and he felt the same way.  We told Olivia all about it and she was very excited that she truly was going to have a little sister! 

I contacted the agency the next day and got the process underway.  Just as I did for Olivia's adoption I will be posting on this blog to chronicle what we have accomplished and what we have been doing to pass the time while we journey to our daughter in Ecuador!!  Check back often for updates.  I will be posting pictures as well, of Olivia of course, and one day it will be pictures of Olivia and her sister.  I Love the sound of that!!!

1 comment:

  1. I look forward to following along your new journey. How exciting! May God bless you with a smooth process!

    ReplyDelete