Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Wow!

Wow, it has been a long time since I posted last!  I keep telling myself that I have to post and yet I just haven't taken the time to do it.  Olivia's adoption was the only thing I had to worry about, think about and take care of, but now that I am a Mom there is so much more besides the adoption to keep me busy.  Now that we have made some progress I am going to try to be better about posting updates.

I can see why people always say that by the time the second child came they stopped taking pictures and doing what they did with the first one.  I already feel bad that Sissy's blog pales in comparison to all the postings that went on with Olivia's adoption.  Hopefully the guilt I feel for slacking on this blog will keep me motivated to keep up with blogging on a regular basis.  

So, here goes the first of many blog updates.
I won't fill in with boring details of what's been going on in our lives, I'll save that for another post, haha.  At this point we have completed all of 9 steps that I had listed in my last post.  Our file is in Ecuador and being checked over with a fine tooth comb for accuracy.  It will be ready for the assignment committee meeting on March 7th.  They meet every other week so if we do not get a referral at this meeting then it will be sometime there after at the pace of every two weeks.  We are asking for a girl as healthy as possible between the ages of 3 and 6 which takes longer than a boy referral.  So for now we just wait, wait and wait some more.  This is a tough stage because everything is in the hands of Ecuador and all we can do from this point on is wait and play along to the beat of their drum.

We are praying that we get lucky and get a referral at the March 7th meeting, but we know that if we don't it's just because our daughter is not ready for us yet.  It will happen all in good time!  For now we are happy to have made some progress and excited for the next step.




No comments:

Post a Comment