Thursday, March 7, 2013

Today Wasn't The Day!

So, I was told by our adoption coordinator several weeks ago that our file would be ready for the meeting today of the Assignment Committee in Ecuador.  After stalking my e-mail most of the day waiting for something from my coordinator, I finally decided that I should e-mail her and confirm that our file actuall made it to the committee.  I just now received a response telling me that our file was indeed submitted to the assignment committee and it was given favorable recommendation!!  That means that as soon as a little girl matches our parameters we will receive a referral!

This is great news and definite progress, however the assignment committee only meets every other week to make referrals.  That means we have two weeks until they meet again.  If we don't receive a referral that time around it will be another 2 weeks and so on.  This waiting part is very hard!  We are going to remain patient in hopes that they take their time and find the best match possible for our family!  No more stalking my e-mail until March 21st.  This is not my favorite part.  Come to think of it I don't really have a favorite part, not counting placement of course.

We are hoping to travel when school let's out for summer, but the longer it takes for a referral the less likely it is for the timing to work out.  Oh we'll the timing will be right no matter when it is!  I have a lot to get in order before we can travel so I have a lot to keep us busy with.

Until next time here is a flashback to my first brown eyed girl.





No comments:

Post a Comment